Hi Ladies & Gents,
Welcome back to the Back ‘2’ School Series. Today, we’re having a chat with the lovely Mrs. Lehana Yassim whom I met not long after I had returned to Toronto to live upon completion of my studies in Ottawa. Lehana is such a beautiful soul and it was a blessing to work alongside her for the short period of time that we had together. Fast forward a few years and Lehana stands as a solid teacher who was able to give me a few minutes of her time to answer the questions I had for her below!
1. What subject and age group do you teach?
Spec-Ed from Kindergarten to Grade 8
2. What is your favourite part about teaching?
Each student has their own personality and ways of learning. I enjoy modifying lessons for each of them individually so I know they are grasping the learning curriculum in the best way possible.
3. What do you hope your students will take away from you this year?
That education is important and it is okay to ask for help.
4. Something you would like parents to know/understand
Support is very much needed at home as it is in school. Students thrive when parents are on the same page of what their learning in school. We’re all a team.
5. Age appropriate word of advice/encouragement for your students and parents this year.
You don’t have to be the best at everything; you just need to try your best.
Xx See you all next week!
PS: Don’t forget to follow my family & I on Instagram @hersocialgrooveandbaby to see snippets of our almost daily shenanigans